Saturday, March 1, 2014

Famous First Words

Welcome to My 4oz Kitchen! In this project, I take traditional dessert recipes and translate them into four-ounce versions of the originals. My pies and cakes are prepared in jam jars instead of baking pans, which makes for easy transportation and portion control (plus, novelty...because this is America, after all).

Baking has always been a creative outlet for me; hunting down and trying out a new recipe is one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday afternoon, and what started out as a casual avocation when a box of a dozen canning jars happened to catch my eye at the grocery store one day has escalated into something of a mission. This whole thing began quite a while ago, but my previous 4-ounce creations never made it further than a facebook album. Now, after lying dormant for too many months, The 4oz Kitchen is getting a make-over and relocating to this site where there is room to stretch out and do some serious bite-sized baking. 

Check back often to watch my collection grow. I'll be starting out by migrating some previous projects in from the fb album. There may also be an herb-ful chocolate tart on the way very soon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment